Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Intro


I am taking English 112 at NVCC this semester, and one of my assignments is to maintain a blog.

To my classmates (and perhaps fellow bloggers that I will mercilessly judge for blogging out of their own free will), I will tell you a little bit about myself. I am 19 years old and I graduated from Yorktown High School last spring. Following an 8 month spree of joyously reckless independence, I have recently moved back in with my family. Although I am the youngest of two, I am currently experiencing the life of an only-child.


My family consists of my older sister, Erin, my father, Dave, and my step-mother Karen. In addition, my mother Caren, her life, and her death, are an extremely large part of my everyday existance.

In order to fund my education and have spare cash to throw at strippers (haha) I have two jobs. I work part time as a Nanny, and I also work at Juicy Couture. Lately I have been spending my free time eating chocolate ice cream, watching too many movies, and staying out until dawn to make up for the time I lost when I was watching movies.

I am looking forward to English 112 this semester, partly because I enjoy grammar and writing, and mostly because Ms. Cheri Spiegel makes me giggle. I am hoping to improve my writing skills, and perhaps this blog will be of assistance in doing so. After all, practice makes perfect?

Other than improving my grammar and writing, my other main goals for this blog are to not miss a posting deadline, and to refrain from divulging inappropriate personal information. Surely some of us have these goals in common?!

Goldie

3 comments:

Squiggly bear said...

Hey how you doing? This is rob from your English 112 Class. I read a few peoples blogs, yours seemed more interesting.

Firstly i would like to say i am sorry for the loss of your Step mum, i know it must be hard, My step Aunt was murdered by her husband infront of their two little girls. So i can relate in a few ways.

Unlike you however I am not a Blog kind of person, this is actully the first time i have ever made a blog. So please be gentle when it comes to commenting on any of my posts.

Well ill talk to you some other time, hope all is well

~Squiggles

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CABond said...

Hey, it's Christian... I'm also from your English 112 class. I like reading your blog, but could you please make the font a little bigger? Thanks Goldie!
~Christian